Home » Posts tagged 'electricity'
Tag Archives: electricity
In this post, we wrap up our interview with Wayne Lording. Previously, we looked at what Wayne did to reduce his energy bills and water and fertiliser use. See here for an introduction to the series. The key points from the wrap up are:
- Wayne’s investment helped reduced his costs through lower use of LPG, electricity, fertiliser and water,
- Other farmers can also reduce their costs by investing in renewables and water reuse,
- Very easy to install,
- Can benefit very soon from reduced utility bills, and
- Can also benefit from freeing up cash to invest in the farm.
Thanks for watching, I hope you enjoyed the series!
Late last year Lindsey Beck and I interviewed Wayne Lording on his farm. I was interested to see why and how Wayne implemented sustainability technologies on his farm. Essentially, he gains a financial benefit from using renewable energy and water reuse. Interestingly, he is one of the few farmers using geothermal energy on his farm. The two videos here are an introduction this series. In the following weeks we will have videos on:
- Renewable energy, specifically solar and geothermal,
- Water reuse, and
- Wrap up,
In all the videos, I provide a brief economic analysis of Wayne’s investments. I hope you enjoy this series.
Check out this post I wrote for Carbontel:
Now that the Federal government has ‘axed the tax’, energy prices should plummet now, right? Actually, reports from Federal Government agencies don’t see it that way. In fact, there are key economic drivers to expect energy prices to rise in the future. In this article, I will explain why energy prices will rise and what you could do to manage or ‘hedge’ energy price risk. (more)